Are you treating your Twitter and Facebook friends and followers as financial equity…???
Are you treating your other social networking groups… Better Networker … Linked In ….You Tube … Meet UP … BNI as financial equity…???
Think about those questions for a minute…I will get back to them a bit further on in this post…
In 1936, Dale Carnegie, published one of the first personal development books to hit the market place…
"How To Win Friends and Influence People" …
It has sold over 15 million copies since its original publication…
Some of the major points covered in the book are…
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
- Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
- Give honest and sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want.
Six Ways to Make People Like You
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a man's Name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in the terms of the other man's interest.
- Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely.
Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- Avoid arguments.
- Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never tell someone they are wrong.
- If you're wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Start with questions the other person will answer yes to.
- Let the other person do the talking.
- Let the other person feel the idea is his/hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Sympathize with the other person.
- Appeal to noble motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to other people's mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes first.
- Ask questions instead of directly giving orders.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise every improvement.
- Give them a fine reputation to live up to.
- Encourage them by making their faults seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest.
Social Media to me and my business is an integral part of building SOCIAL EQUITY ….
It allows me to become part of a community … to contribute to the community …
Giving back to others allows me to experience sheer joy and a feeling of satisfaction and gratitude that comes from knowing I make a DIFFERENCE in other people's lives…
Talk about a heaping helping of SOUL FOOD….
Truthfully….this wasn't always the case with my Social Networking efforts….
I had always heard "The Money Is In Your List"….
Whoever coined that phrase forgot a couple of important words….
The phrase is actually…
"The Money Comes Because Of The Relationship You Build With Your List"
When I first got started with Social Networking…
I treated my friends and followers…my acquaintances…fellow networkers like they were FINANCIAL EQUITY …..
They were weren't people to me … they were MONEY….
Pretty yucky huh….???
I got the results I deserved for that kind of behavior….
I LOST FRIENDS…
I ALIENATED PEOPLE…
I MADE NO MONEY….
Bravo Rose… MISSION ACCOMPLISHED…NOT
I have NO IDEA why I thought behaving like such a jerk would work on the internet any better than it does in real life…
So…I had to learn my lessons the HARD WAY….
The world is made up of people with souls…not money...
When I cook FOOD for people….
I actually find out what they like to eat…what they are allergic to…what kinds of seasonings work for them….if they are on a diet…if they have health concerns…
And when I have gotten to KNOW THEM…. I can cook for them … and GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO EAT….
And because I have taken the time to get to know them…they have also had the time to get to know me….
Because I cook exactly what is right for them … it shows that I have listened to them… and THEY LIKE ME….
Because I have served them well… they come back to me again and again and again…and they are happy ….
Because they are well served and happy …. I earn MONEY….
I earn MORE MONEY when they tell their friends about me…and their friends come to talk to me…
And…the cycle repeats….
God….The Universe…whatever your name for IT is…
Can only return to you…what you give to others first…
When I started treating my internet business like my cooking business…
EVERYTHING changed for me…
When I started treating my friends and followers LIKE PEOPLE….instead of ATM machines….
When I started interacting with people…listening to them…appreciating them…valuing them….giving back to them some of the things that I had learned along my journey…NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN….
EVERYTHING changed for me…
I am in business because I LOVE what I do….
I LOVE cooking for other people…. I LOVE my culinary brand
I LOVE Social Media and the brand that I am creating for myself on the network marketing community…
If that means I have to delay the opening of my own restaurant for a few years while I ethically generate the capital I need to do that…
SO BE IT….
I am committed to building a business that TRULY serves other people…
That helps THEM do what THEY want to do….
Because in the long run …
BEING OF SERVICE TO OTHERS FIRST…
Will be ultimately more rewarding both personally and financially for me.